- Wrong TV output setting.
- DIRECTV® Receiver may not be on.
- VCR or DVD is on when it should be off.
- The cable between your receiver and television may not be connected.
- Tune to the channel you use to watch DIRECTV® service, usually channel 3 or 4. If your DIRECTV receiver is connected in a more advanced way (using Audio/Video or S-Video cables), you may need to tune to Video 1, 2 or 00.
- Turn your TV off, then on.
- Turn your DIRECTV Receiver off, then on. When the receiver is on, the red or green light will stay lit.
- Press the "TV/DSS," "SAT," "DSS," "DIRECTV" or "INPUT" button on the remote control.
- If your TV has a "TV/Video" button on its front panel, you can use it to toggle between 3, 4, Video 1 and 2.
- Turn off your VCR, DVD. and any other equipment connected to the receiver.
- Unplug the power cord for 15 seconds to reset the receiver.
- Make sure all cables are properly connected.
If the problem persists, call a customer service representative at 1-800-531-5000.