Your remote control doesn't work at all, performs some functions but not others or works only with devices other than your DIRECTV Receiver.
- Your remote has weak batteries.
- The batteries aren't placed correctly.
- Something is blocking the sensor on the front of your devices.
- Make sure that the slide switch at the top of the remote is positioned under the DIRECTV logo.
- Make sure nothing is blocking the front of your DIRECTV® Receiver.
- Try operating your receiver by using the buttons on its front. If you can turn it on or off, change channels and bring up the menus, the problem is with your remote, not with the receiver.
- Put new batteries in your remote. You may need to reprogram your remote to operate other electronic devices. To avoid this, change the batteries one at a time.
If the problem persists, you can order a new remote or call customer service at 1-800-531-5000.