Almost all programmers who provide channels to the DIRECTV platform are increasing their rates at a level we’ve never seen before. On occasion, some negotiations of new and existing channel contracts have become public recently so you can see we are doing all we can to make sure you do not suffer unfair price increases as a result of unreasonable demands in these disputes. By holding firm, we’ve held our annual price increases on average below those of cable competitors.
In 2013, the programming costs we pay to owners of television channels will increase by about 8.0%, but we have chosen to adjust the prices our customers pay by an average of only 4.5%. On February 7, 2013, new pricing will be applied to DIRECTV programming packages and services.
But rest assured, as a DIRECTV customer you get many extra benefits and perks and we are always looking at ways to add to and improve the service. We plan to build on many of the achievements delivered in 2012 which continued to make DIRECTV the best TV experience available, such as
- The launch of DIRECTV Everywhere. Now watch movies and shows anywhere—on your TV at home, on your computer, tablet or smartphone at no extra charge.^
- New SD and HD channels were added with BBC America, Disney Jr., DIY, E!, Nat Geo WILD, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, beIN SPORT, TWC SportsNet, TWC Deportes, and others.
- The DIRECTV on DEMAND library expanded to over 10,000 shows and movies.
- NFL SUNDAY TICKET was available at our lowest price in nearly a decade!
- DIRECTV and Viggle partnered so you can earn great rewards just for watching DIRECTV with the free Viggle app for your smartphone or tablet.
We are committed to delivering the highest quality entertainment service and value, and we look forward to continuing to provide you with the very best DIRECTV have to offer.
Click the following links for more information on 2013 pricing:
DIRECTV Residential service with no RSN fee
DIRECTV Residential service with RSN fee
Please note: Our price adjustments affect only our regular, non-promotional rates. If you're currently paying a promotional price for your DIRECTV base package, you will continue to pay this price for the remainder of your promotional period.
^Requires an HD DVR connected to the Internet. Additional fees required for new releases.