What is Smart Search and how do I use it to search for movies and shows?
With DIRECTV’s Smart Search, finding exactly what you’re looking for on TV is faster and easier than ever. You can search for movies, shows, sports, people, channels, even YouTube videos. Your search results start appearing as soon as you enter the first letter.
Here's how it works:
• Click the MENU button on your remote, and then select SEARCH & BROWSE.
• Click SMART SEARCH. You’ll see a letterpad, as well as Suggested Searches highlighting new and interesting shows and movies.
• Use your arrow buttons to navigate the letters on the letterpad and press SELECT, or use your number keys in the same way you would text on a cell phone.
• Results start to appear as soon as you enter your first letter. At any point you can press the RED button on your remote control to start the Keyword Search.
• When your title comes up, you can set your recording options, see detailed cast info, pictures, filmographies and bios of actors and actresses—plus see upcoming movies and shows they appear in.
• You’ll also see a listing for YouTube. Select this to see YouTube videos right on your TV.
That's not all. The more you use the Search feature, the smarter it gets — it saves all your recent searches to help you find what you're looking for the next time.
We appreciate you taking the time to help us improve our support site. Please take a minute to tell us how we can improve this answer to better serve you.
Important: Comments are collected and periodically reviewed to help us improve answers in our knowledgebase.
Due to the volume of feedback we receive, we are not able to respond to comments submitted here.
If you require a response, please refer to our Contact Us page for ways you can contact DirecTV or click "email us" after you close this screen.