How to program the white DIRECTV remote to your TV
- Look up the control codes for your DIRECTV remote control.
- Make sure your TV is turned on.
- Slide the mode switch at top of remote to "TV".
- Press and hold the MUTE button. This is located above the number 1 button.
- While still holding down MUTE, press and hold the SELECT button until the green light at the top of the remote flashes twice.
- Enter the first TV code you have. The green light on remote should flash twice.
- Aim remote at TV and press PWR button once. The TV should power off.
- Once the TV is able to power off/on and control the volume, slide the mode switch at the top of the remote back to the left (DIRECTV). Your remote is now programmed.
If the TV does not power off, repeat steps 4, 5, 6 and 7, using the next code for your TV brand.
If remote control fails to program using all available codes, try scanning for the code.