How to scan for TV codes on your DIRECTV remote
- Make sure your TV is turned on.
- Slide the mode switch at top of remote to "TV".
- Press and hold the MUTE button. This is located above the number 1 button.
- While still holding down MUTE, press and hold the SELECT button until green light at the top of the remote flashes twice.
- Then enter 9911, the green light on remote should flash twice.
- Point remote at TV and press CHANNEL UP button. Tap the CHANNEL UP button repeatedly until the TV powers off.
- When the TV powers off, press and release the SELECT button.
Note: If the green light flashes three times before TV responds, then all codes have been cycled through. Our remote controls are guaranteed to program to your DIRECTV receiver; however, your TV may not be compatible with our remote control.
You can find more help in the Remote Controls section of our Technical Forums at forums.directv.com. You can also use our Interactive User Guide to learn the ins and outs of your remote control.