Yes, but please note that if you have Whole-Home DVR service or plan to get Whole-Home DVR service, you cannot use this method of connecting your HD DVR to the Internet. Whether you have Whole-Home DVR service or not, we recommend that you use the DIRECTV CINEMA™ Connection Kit to connect your HD DVR to the Internet. Learn more about the DIRECTV CINEMA™ Connection Kit.
To connect your HD DVR directly to your router with an Ethernet cable, please follow these steps:
- Connect one end of your Ethernet cable to an available Ethernet port on your router and the other end to the Ethernet port on the back of your HD DVR.
- After you've made the connection, press MENU on your DIRECTV remote
- Using your arrow buttons, highlight Settings & Help, and then select Settings.
- Select Network Setup.
- Select Connection Now.
- After the connection has been established, select Continue.
- Read the message on your screen, and then select Done.
Your setup is complete and you now have access to DIRECTV On Demand movies and shows, as well as all the other benefits of being connected. Please allow up to 48 hours for all the available On Demand programs to become accessible on your receiver. To find available programs, go to Channel 1000, or click here to browse online.