With DIRECTV Smart Search, you can search for movies, shows, sports, people, and channels on your DIRECTV HD DVR. Your DIRECTV search results will start to appear as soon as you enter the first letter of the word you're typing in the search field.
Here's how to use DIRECTV Smart Search:
- Press the MENU button on your remote, then select Search & Browse.
- Select DIRECTV Smart Search. You’ll see a letterpad, as well as suggested search items highlighting new and interesting shows and movies based on what's trending now.
- Use the arrow buttons on the remote to navigate the letters on the letterpad and press SELECT, or use the number keys in the same way you would text on a mobile device.
- DIRECTV search results will start to appear as soon as you enter the first letter of the word you're typing in the search field. At any point you can press the red button on your remote to start the Keyword Search.
- Want to find something on TV, but don't remember how to spell it? No problem. Smart Search knows what you're looking for and can interpret misspellings, nicknames, and more, returning only the results you want.
- When the title of the program you're looking for appears, you can set the recording options. You can also see detailed cast information, pictures, filmographies, and actor biographies, as well as the upcoming movies and shows they'll appear in.
- Additionally, you can search for YouTube videos and watch them on your TV screen.
The more you use the DIRECTV Smart Search feature, the smarter it gets. It'll save all your recent searches to help you find what you're looking for the next time you use the search function.
DIRECTV Smart Search is available to customers with HD DVR Receivers (model HR20 and beyond) as well as a DVR Receiver (model R22).
Click here to learn how to search for shows on an SD Receiver.
Watch the video to learn more about how to search DIRECTV for your favorite shows, movies, actors, and more.