We've packed a world of entertainment in one little app. Watch live TV, catch up on the latest movies On Demand, or enjoy the shows you recorded to your DVR Playlist. With the DIRECTV app, your favorite entertainment always goes where you go.
We’ve made tons of awesome changes recently. Here are some crowd favorites:
- Enjoy the latest releases on DIRECTV CINEMA and buzz-worthy entertainment from top premium channels like HBO®, Cinemax®, STARZ®, ENCORE®, and SHOWTIME®. View step-by-step instructions on how to watch on your tablet or phone.
- Start watching an On Demand program on one device, pause, then continue watching on any other device. You’ll find your previously watched programs in your Recently Watched list on your home screen. You can also access it by selecting Playlist from the main menu.
- Binge watch with ease. When you finish watching an episode of a show, the next episode will start playing automatically.
The DIRECTV app turns your mobile device into a portable TV. We carry a ton of channels that are available to stream anywhere you have a Wi-Fi connection. Learn how to enjoy them on your tablet or phone.
- Set your DVR to record movies and shows from anywhere. You can record a single episode of a show or an entire series with just one tap. Learn how to set your DVR using your tablet or phone.
- You can also add more time to the start or end of your recording request so you won’t miss a second of the action-even if your program runs overtime. Select a TV show or a sports program and tap Record. In the Record Options window, tap Start or Stop to adjust the time.
This feature is available on tablets only.
Get quick access to your favorite entertainment right from your app homescreen. Customize it to only show what you like, for example "Live TV Streaming" or "Popular in Your Area." Select Edit Homescreen to see your options.
- Use your mobile device to pause, play, and rewind the program that’s playing on your TV. View step-by-step instructions.
- iPhone only: Add the new DIRECTV remote widget to your iOS Today screen to quickly see what’s currently playing on your TV, control playback, set your DVR, and more-all without unlocking your phone or opening the DIRECTV app.
IMPORTANT TIP: Before using your iOS widget, make sure your receiver is set up properly. Go to your receiver’s MENU, then select Settings & Help > Settings > Whole-Home > External Device. Make sure “External Access,” “Current Program” and “Recordings” are set to Allow and “Recently Watched” is set to Share.
Start watching a show on your device, then tap to send it to your big screen. And vice versa—send it from your TV to your mobile device. Here’s how:
- Simply tap on the “Watch on [Device]” button on the Currently Watching poster to move the show that you’re watching on TV to your mobile device, and vice versa.
- iPad only: To send the show you’re watching on your iPad to your TV, tap and hold anywhere in the video player window until the glow animation appears, then slide your finger towards the top of the iPad.
Note: Screen Switch is available for live programming and On Demand content. Mobile device must be on the same home Wi-Fi network as the HD DVR. Supported receiver models: H21 and above, R22, and HR20 and above.