Please note: DIRECTV no longer sells GenieGO devices online or over the phone.
Your Internet security software may mistake the GenieGO™ for a dangerous device. If this occurs, you will be blocked from transferring content to your PC until the security software is configured to trust the GenieGO™. Known issues include:
- Avast! Antivirus Web Shield
- Click the "New Group" button at the bottom of the Application Rules screen, then rename the newly created "All" Application to GenieGO.
- Right-click on the GenieGO name you just created and select "New application rule."
- Change Allowed Connections to "All connections."
- Consult the user manual or company websites for your security software to find out how you can add GenieGO™ to your trusted devices.