"Genie Recommends" is a feature of the Genie™
HD DVR that offers recommendations for shows you might like. These recommendations are based on shows you already watch, so they’re tailored just for you. The feature also makes episodes of its recommended shows available so that you can watch them instantly to see if you like them or not.
To see your Genie recommendations:
- Press MENU on your remote and use your down arrow key to highlight Search & Browse.
- Select TV Shows. You’ll see your recommended shows under the heading “Genie Recommends”
- Use your arrow keys to highlight a show you want to watch and then press SELECT
- You’ll see a list of episodes of the show you selected. A green arrow next to an episode indicates that you can watch it instantly. Just select it to start playing.
- When the episode starts to play and again at the end, Genie will ask you if you’d like to record the entire series. If you say yes, the series will then be recorded and be available in your DVR playlist once future episodes are recorded.
Please note: the Genie Recommends feature never interferes with your scheduled recordings. It will never cause a recording conflict that prevents you from recording shows that you want to record. Nor will it affect how many shows you can record and store in your DVR.