Where can I find the terms and conditions that apply to my purchase of movies and/or shows? View Terms & Conditions
What devices are supported?
Broadband connected Genie HD DVR, Genie Lite with HD DVR Kit (HR54 required for 4K)
Mac OSX – Safari 9 or higher
Windows 7 – IE 11, Chrome 56 or higher, Firefox 51 or higher
Windows 10 – Edge 14, Chrome 56 or higher, Firefox 51 or higher
iPhone iOS 11 or higher (SE, 6, 6 Plus, 7, 7 Plus) – Safari 601 or higher
Android 5.1 or higher – Chrome 56 or higher
iPad iOS 11 or higher (iPad, iPad Pro, iPad Mini 4) – Safari 601 or higher
Android 5.1 or higher – Chrome 56 or higher
How can I tell the difference between movies or shows that are available for purchase vs. rent?
Movies and TV shows for purchase will be noted with a “Buy” option when ordering. Movies available for rental will be noted with “Rent”. TV shows are not currently available for rental.
How long do I have access to my DIRECTV purchases?
As long as you are a DIRECTV customer, you can access your purchases even if you have deleted them from your receivers or devices.
What happens to my purchases if I disconnect my DIRECTV service?
You will not be able to access your purchased movies if your account is not active, even if you return as a DIRECTV customer at a later date. You must maintain your DIRECTV account to view your purchased content.
If I disconnect my DIRECTV service and move to DIRECTV NOW will my purchased content remain available?
DIRECTV purchases are non-transferrable, so you will not be able to view them as a DIRECTV NOW subscriber.
What type of equipment do I need to access Movies and TV Shows to Buy?
A broadband connected Genie HD DVR or a Genie Lite with HD DVR Kit (HR54 required for 4K) is required to be able to purchase Movies and TV Shows on your TV, or to be able to access Movies and TV Shows purchased on your mobile device.
Where can I find movies for purchase on my TV?
Movies: Movies Shows Homepage (Channel 1100), On Demand Homepage (Channel 1000) or Smart Search (Menu > Search and Browse > Smart Search)
TV Shows: TV Shows Homepage (Channel 1998), On Demand Homepage (Channel 1000) or Smart Search (Menu > Search and Browse > Smart Search)
Where can I find movies and TV shows for purchase on my mobile device?
Purchasing movies and TV shows is currently available only on Android devices through the DIRECTV Mobile App. Movies and TV shows can be found via Search or “Watch on Mobile” tab in the app.
NOTE: Once purchased, movies and TV shows can be downloaded and viewed on both Android and iOS devices via the app. They will be found in the “Purchases” tab.
Can I buy whole seasons of TV shows?
While you cannot purchase whole seasons or series of TV shows at this time, you can buy individual episodes.
Can I set a season pass for a TV series?
Not at this time, but you can buy individual episodes.
Can I get a refund on a movie or TV show that I have purchased?
Movies and TV shows are not refundable, all sales are final.
Can a movie or show that I purchased on my TV be watched on any other device?
Yes, movies and shows are now available for viewing through any Internet connected computer via directv.com or the DIRECTV Mobile App for iOS or Android. Your device will need to be registered while connected to the same internet network as your connected Genie HD DVR.
Can a movie or TV show that I purchased on my computer or Mobile device be watched on my TV?
Movies and TV shows purchased through directv.com or the DIRECTV Mobile App can be viewed on your internet connected Genie HD DVR.
Where can I find movies and TV shows for purchase on my computer via directv.com?
Movies can be found via Search or in the “Movies” or “For Kids” tabs.
TV Shows can be found via Search or in the “TV Shows” or “For Kids” tabs.
Will my purchased items take up Playlist/DVR capacity or mobile device capacity?
Movies and TV shows will take up space on your DVR or mobile device when they have been downloaded. You may delete purchased content from your playlist at any time, it will remain in the “Purchases” folder within your Playlist to be retrieved/downloaded from your digital locker/the cloud at any time.
Purchases can only be streamed to your personal computer and cannot be downloaded, so they will take up no space on your hard drive.
Can I still watch a movie or TV show I purchased if I deleted it from my Playlist?
Yes. Simply go to the “Purchases” folder within your playlist and download the purchased content you would like to enjoy.
What is a recommended broadband speed for download?
A minimum connection speed of 750Kbps (DSL or cable modem) is required. 2Mbps or higher is recommended.
Is there a limit to the number of purchases I can store?
There is no limit to the number of purchases you can store in the digital locker/cloud. The number of purchases that can remain downloaded to your HD DVR or device is limited to the available storage space of your HD DVR or mobile device. Purchases can only be streamed to your personal computer and cannot be downloaded.
Are there TV shows or movies that will not be available for purchase?
Yes, content availability is determined by programmer license rights.
Can I purchase content in SD? 4K? 3D?
Content is available in HD at this time. A limited selection of content will also be available in 4K.*
For mobile and computer, resolution of video content resolution can be affected by multiple factors, including but not limited to the format of the content received, the quality of Internet connection and device screens used. So, while a specific resolution cannot be guaranteed, video optimization technology is used to provide a better experience, and content is commonly viewable in 480p.
Can I view a 4K title I purchased on any device?
You can view the 4K title on your 4K TV in home*. For mobile and computer viewing, resolution of video content may be affected by multiple factors. Video optimization technology is used to provide a better experience, and content is commonly viewable in 480p.
Can I watch purchased content on receivers in my home that are not Genies?
If the purchase is made on a Genie it will be viewable by other whole home connected HD DVRs, Genie Minis and DIRECTV Ready TVs.
Will I lose access to my purchased titles if I replace or upgrade my receiver?
No, you will find the content on your new equipment in your “Purchases” folder in your Playlist, you may download the content at any time.
How do I know if my content has been purchased successfully?
You will find your purchased content in your “Purchases” folder in your Playlist on your receiver, at directv.com or DIRECTV Mobile App.
How do I prevent people in my household from purchasing movies and TV shows?
The DIRECTV Parental Controls feature, available with every DIRECTV receiver and on the DIRECTV App, allows restriction of unsupervised TV viewing based on rating, blocking of specific channels, limiting viewing times, and setting spending limits for purchased content.
Is there a limit to the number of devices I can watch my purchased content on?
Limit of 5 authorized devices can be used to download purchased content at a given time. Streaming of Purchased content is limited to 3 devices concurrently.
Can I download my purchased Movies and TV Shows from my device or DVR to an SD
Card or another source?
No, content can only be downloaded to your internet connected Genie HD DVR or to your mobile device via the DIRECTV Mobile App.
Can I share or gift purchased content?
No, only the account associated with the purchase can access the content.
In order to access purchased content, customer must maintain a subscription to DIRECTV satellite service in good standing as determined by DIRECTV in its sole discretion. Access to all purchased content will no longer be available upon deactivation or termination of customer’s DIRECTV satellite service. Limit of five authorized devices can be used to download EST content at any given time. Streaming limited to three devices concurrently. Data charges may apply. To order and view purchased content via set top box, customer must have an Internet-connected Genie HD DVR and an eligible DIRECTV satellite account. Restrictions apply. All purchases are non-refundable. All functions, programming, pricing, and terms and conditions are subject to change at any time.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
These Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) set forth additional terms and conditions applicable to your purchase of video content (“Purchased Content”) through your DIRECTV satellite service (the “Service”). Your purchase is also subject to any other agreements (including privacy policies and customer agreements) and terms and conditions, in each case as updated from time to time, that may apply to your use of the Services. These Terms, together with all the foregoing agreements and terms and conditions (which are hereby incorporated by reference) collectively constitute the “agreement” that is referred to herein. You agree to abide by all the terms of the agreement, and your purchase and use of and Purchased Content constitutes your acceptance of all such terms. If you do not agree to any term of the agreement, do not purchase any Purchased Content.
1. You understand and agree that when you “purchase” or “buy” content, you are only buying a license to access the Purchased Content for as long as you maintain a subscription to DIRECTV satellite service, as determined by DIRECTV in its sole discretion. Your license to access the Purchased Content is subject to these Terms, as well as any limitations imposed by any digital rights management technology used to protect the Purchased Content. Upon payment of the applicable purchase price, DIRECTV grants you a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, non-transferable license to access and use the Purchased Content solely for your personal, non-commercial/non-public, entertainment use. You agree that this license does not permit you to copy (in whole or in part), sell, rent, lease, distribute, broadcast, sublicense, transfer, or otherwise assign any portion of any Purchased Content and/or any rights or license associated with any Purchased Content (including without limitation, any code or credentials that allow access to any Purchased Content).
2. Subject to these Terms, you will be entitled to access the Purchased Content anytime on any compatible set top box or device as long as you remain a DIRECTV satellite service subscriber in good standing as solely determined by DIRECTV. Access to all Purchased Content (on any receiver or device) will no longer be available upon deactivation or termination of your DIRECTV satellite service.
3. Limit of five authorized devices can be used to download purchased content at any given time, 10 authorized devices per 30 day period, and 30 authorized devices per 365 day period. Set top box receivers do not count towards device limits.
4. Streaming of Purchased Content is limited to three devices concurrently. Data charges may apply. You are solely responsible for all data charges or fees incurred to stream or download Purchased Content.
5. If a customer de-registers a device, all content on that device is purged immediately when the deregistered device reconnects to the internet and authenticates through the DIRECTV app.
6. All purchases are final. DIRECTV does not offer exchanges or refunds. The price of a given program or title may change at any time. We do not offer you price protection or refunds in the event of a decrease in price, whether through a promotional offering or otherwise.
7. Purchased Content may become unavailable for viewing, streaming or download due to content provider licensing and other restrictions, and we will not be liable to you if Purchased Content becomes unavailable for further download, streaming and/or use.
8. You acknowledge and agree that all content purchased through your compatible set top box or other compatible device may be available to other users and user accounts associated with your DIRECTV account, on any set top box or compatible device used by those users. Please visit directv.com for information on parental controls, locks and limits and password protection on your account.
*Limited titles available. Requires a Genie HD DVR (model HR54 or later) and a DIRECTV 4K Ready TV, or a 4K TV connected to a 4K Genie Mini. Additional & Advanced Receiver fees apply. SELECT Package or higher, 4K account authorization and professional installation required. Visit directv.com/4K for complete details.