If you have trouble registering your device on the DIRECTV App, make sure:
- Your mobile device and Genie receiver are connected to the same home Wi-Fi network
- You have a DIRECTV.com user ID and password
- To set the External Device on your Genie receiver to Allow (Allows Playlist sharing)
- Select Menu on your Genie remote control.
- Go to Settings > Whole-Home > External Device > External Access > Allow.
- On your mobile device in the DIRECTV App, select Register Your Device.
- You’ll see a confirmation screen and a Get Started link.
If you encounter a 100 or 212 error message during registration, please try to following:
- Make sure your Genie receiver and mobile device are on the same home Wi-Fi network
- Restart your receiver by pressing the red reset button
- Uninstall the DIRECTV app on your mobile device and reinstall it
- See steps 1 – 4 above (To set your receiver to “Allow”) and attempt registration again