The DIRECTV Tablet App allows commercial accounts to control their networked receivers using either an iOS or Android tablet. The app interfaces directly with the DIRECTV guides and menus.
• Allows the business (e.g. bar or restaurant) to control multiple receivers from a single device.
• Removes the need to be within the remote control range to control the receivers.
• View current and upcoming sports schedules.
• Quickly identify receivers with custom names.
• Ability to group receivers in order to change multiple TVs at once (Android only at this time).
• Apple App Store – Look for the ‘DIRECTV App’
• Google Play – Look for the ‘DIRECTV for BUSINESS™ App’
Create a commercial login on at directv.com/register
• In the “Enter your last name” field, you must enter your business name exactly as it appears on your DIRECTV account. The email address and password will be used to activate the DIRECTV Tablet App.
• Note: The most common problem in the registration process is if the business name is entered differently than it appears on the DIRECTV account. The issue could be as simple as an extra space, missing character, or misspelled name. For example, if you enter “Good Eating, LLC” when registering and the DIRECTV account doesn’t have the comma, the registration will be rejected.
Configure the APP Settings
• iOS: Download the DIRECTV iPad app from the App store and sign in using the credentials established during online registration. Once the app launches, select the gear icon in the upper left, select Account Settings, and set the User Type to Business (the account may be set as Business by default).
• Android: Download the DIRECTV For BUSINESSS™ app from Google Play and sign in using the credentials established during the online registration.
*Certain remote control functions require a standard DIRECTV remote. iPad® remote control functionality requires an Internet or Wi-Fi connection and is limited to the range of network. Internet access and directv.com login required. Internet connections may vary. Only available on certain Internet-connected receivers. Visit directv.com/apps for complete details. Remote connections may vary. Charges may apply for an Internet Connection Kit and installation. Requires DIRECTV Plus HD DVR (models HR20, HR21, HR22, HR23, HR24), DIRECTV Plus DVR model R22, or DIRECTV HD Receiver (models H21, H23, H24, H25) connected to broadband. DIRECTV Receiver(s) and the iPad® must be connected to the same network. iPad® is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.