We look forward to providing you with a flawless DIRECTV installation. To prepare for a smooth installation:
- Property Management Approval—If you live in an apartment or are part of a homeowners’ association, check with your landlord or management company about regulations for installing television service. You may need to fill out a Landlord Permission Form (available in English and Spanish).
- Room Selection—Pick the room(s) where you’d like to watch DIRECTV programming.
- TV Access—Move your television away from the wall to allow the installer easy access to all connections.
- Appointment Duration—Set aside up to 5 hours after the tech arrives to be at home so the installer has time to connect your system and show you how to use your new system. If you’re installing additional services beyond just DIRECTV video service, please allow up to 8 hours once the installer has arrived to your home for the installation to be completed.
- Authorized Adult Present at Installation—Make sure you or someone at least 18 years of age and authorized to sign installation documents on your behalf is present for your installation.
- Internet Service—It’s highly recommended that you have active Internet service in place. If you ordered an HD DVR receiver, the installer will connect it to the Internet at no extra charge, allowing you to enjoy a host of great features included with your DIRECTV service.
- Working Phone Line—We also recommend that you have a land-based phone line with a nearby jack (or wireless jack) so you can take advantage of great features like On-Screen Caller ID and ordering Pay Per View. You’ll need caller ID service from your phone service provider. Please note that the latest Genie HD DVR model HR54 does not have a phone jack feature, therefore Caller ID is not supported.
- Installer Parking Requirements—If you live in an area where parking is restricted or limited, please keep in mind that the installer will need access to parking in order to begin installation.
- Clear Roof Access—Make sure your roof or balcony has easy access for the installer.
For more information, watch our Professional Installation Overview.