If your receiver detects a high internal temperature, the following message will display: “Your receiver is too hot and needs to cool down. Clear any obstructed air vents. The receiver will shut itself off if it continues to overheat.”
- Your HD DVR / DVR’s vents are blocked
- Your HD DVR / DVR is stacked on top of or underneath other electronic devices, or on a soft surface where trapped heat may be insulating your receiver
If the temperature continues to rise, your receiver will automatically restart. You will notice the following:
- The red record light will illuminate
- Your receiver’s fan speed will set to the maximum speed
- You will see this message: “Your satellite box is over the temperature limit. Maximum safe operating temperature is 140°. Current box temperature is x. Cooling down. Please wait.”
How do I fix it?
If the problem isn’t solved by a manual or automatic reboot, please consider the following tips:
- Put the receiver in a well-ventilated area.
- Leave space on all sides of the receiver.
- Keep receiver vents well-dusted and free of debris.
- Don’t place the receiver directly on top of or underneath the TV.
- Don’t place the receiver on top or underneath other electronic devices.
- Don’t place the receiver on a soft surface like a rug or blanket–this causes the heat to insulate.